Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God Works in Mysterious Ways

Understanding and following God's leading in our life is not always easy.  And one thing I have learned the hard way is God does not always tell me what I want to know when I want to know it.  I have walked into a room and felt a spirit of dissension and prayed against it.  Only to see the people there end up at loggerheads with one another.  And I was later told by one of the people involved that on the day I walked into that room, nothing had happened yet.  But on other occasions I have been totally blindsided by things I had not a clue were going to happen.  And there were other cases that I still cannot make heads or tails of, where I felt God was leading me to do something and still do not know why He had me do it.  Elisha was a prophet (a title I would not at all claim), but we are told God did not always let him know what was going to happen (2 Kings 4:27). Why should I expect anything different?

But it is at times like these that I fall back on the fact that God is in control of the world and in control of my life (Ephesians 1:11; Romans 8:28; Ephesians 2:10).  Still, I do not think God ever tells us everything, because He wants us to trust in Him and not in the knowledge He gives us (Proverbs 3:5,6; Psalms 127:1,2; 1 Corinthians 3:18).  If we think everything is on our own shoulders, we will falter.  But if we trust in God, He will bring us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment